YSYF Canada is Hiring!
Yayra-Si Youth Foundation (YSYF) is an international NGO committed to improving the economic and health outcomes for women and youth in Doryumu, Ghana. We connect women and youth to vocational training opportunities that improve their knowledge and skills, allowing them to gain financial independence. We also organize health promotion initiatives focused on reproductive health and hygiene to address teenage pregnancy and sanitation issues in this community. In times of crisis, we act judiciously to meet the priority needs of the community through strategic partnerships and resource allocation.
We are looking for highly motivated and committed individuals from all over Canada to represent YSYF and play a key role in making a difference to improving the economic and health outcomes for women and youth in their communities. Apply to be an executive member to represent YSYF Canada. Program of study is not a strong requirement as we value an interdisciplinary team. Positions will run from October 2022 to June 2023.
Applications are due October 22nd at 11:59PM EST.
Our Upcoming Project
YSYF will be launching a menstrual health and hygiene campaign in schools across Doryumu, Ghana, in close collaboration with stakeholders in the community and the YSYF Ghana team. This program will consist of the distribution of menstrual hygiene kits, posters with public health information, and health talks to deliver accessible information to youth. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to collaborate with the YSYF Canada team in developing content for the initiative.
To apply, please complete the application form below. You will be asked to sign into your Google account.
Late applications will not be accepted. In extenuating circumstances, we will consider requests for extension. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Given the nature of our work, first consideration will be given to the following groups of people:
1. Applicants of Ghanaian and/or African Descent.
2. Applicants who have prior experience in international development work in an African context.
The Outreach Liaison is responsible for establishing and maintaining connections with YSYF chapters at universities across Canada. They will mentor and assist the chapters in reaching their fundraising targets. They will connect bi-weekly with the campus ambassadors. We are looking for an individual with strong communication, organization and networking skills.
Reports to: Vice-President of Partnerships
Estimated time commitment: 1-3 hrs/wk
- Connect with young leaders to establish YSYF chapters at universities across Canada
- Maintain regular communication with chapter representatives through emails and monthly meetings
- Develop standard operating procedures for chapter registration and onboarding
- Provide mentorship to chapter leaders in creating organization structure, securing funding from universities, and planning successful fundraisers
- Provide recommendations of chapter fundraising targets to VP Partnerships
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (conferred or in progress) in any field; Degree in Business, Management, Global Health, International Development, African Studies, Public Health, Medicine, or related field an asset
- Minimum two years experience in a leadership, supervisory and/or managerial role facilitating networks with external stakeholders
- Excellent strategic planning and organization skills
- Ability to provide continuous, specific and evidence-informed feedback with professionalism and tact
- Self-starter with ability to monitor, organize, and manage multiple projects
- Stellar networking, marketing, and negotiation skills to facilitate strategic partnerships
The graphic designer is responsible for implementing a creative vision in line with the branding guidelines to design a variety of graphics and posts for storytelling, campaign information, and other projects as needed. They will be responsible for conveying YSYF’s vision, work, and ideas. They are required to attend weekly meetings with the communications team and monthly YSYF Canada meetings. We are looking for an individual with strong creativity, communication and collaboration skills
Reports to: Vice-President of Communications
Estimated time commitment: 4-7 hrs/wk
- Creatively produce graphics for YSYF’s social media platforms, and websites targeted to our audience
- Collaborate with the VP communications and Content Writers to develop storytelling strategy for weekly posts, stories, newsletter, and other publications
- Design layouts, including selection of colours, images, and typefaces
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas for feedback
- Strategically select colours, typography and layouts that communicate intended messaging
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and adherent to branding guidelines, and the desired theme and tone of the project
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Photography skills and ownership of personal DLSR would be an asset
- Degree or diploma (conferred or in-progress) in Design, Fine Arts, or related field is an asset
- Experience working as a Graphic Designer, or in a similar capacity
- Professional proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and In Design
- Strong attention to detail, creative problem-solving and story-telling skills
- Openness to constructive feedback
- Ability to perform at a high level independently as well as with a team
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- A portfolio of previous work is required
Equal Opportunity Employment
YSYF is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.